Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Excuses and Apologies

I haven't been making many posts lately. Primarily, this is for two reasons.

About a year ago, one of you readers reached out and contacted me. A fellow Daoist, she started reading my blog and found a kindred spirit that she never knew existed. We struck up a conversation, which led to a visit, which led to a proposal. Now we are engaged----even though we live in different countries. As you might imagine, this relationship eats up a little of my time.

Secondly, I've hired a company to gut and rebuild the kitchen of my home. This too is taking up a lot of my time. It has also made writing a very difficult activity, as I usually write on my kitchen table. Also, it is very hard to write when a group of strange men are making loud noises and creating clouds of dust all around you.

Hopefully I will be able to get back into my "groove" soon. Writing is a spiritual practice for me and I deeply feel its loss.

No comments: